Standard Chartered Smart Credit Card is an entry level cashback card from Standard Chartered, which gives 2% cashback on all online spends, and 1% on all other card spends.
Our View :
5% cashback on fuel, phone bills and utility bills but only on low monthly spend amounts – monthly fuel purchases of ₹4000 , monthly phone bill payments of ₹4000 , and monthly utility bill payments of ₹2000.
Welcome offer of ₹1500 compensates for the 1st year annual fee , while annual fee from the 2nd year onwards is not charged if you spend ₹90000 or more in the previous year.
For premium banking customers only, there are 2 special offers. The card is lifetime free, and you also get complimentary access to international airport lounges once per month provided you have spent a minimum of 10000 in the previous month.
Standard Chartered Smart Credit Card
5% cashback on fuel purchases, phone bills, and utility bills
Complimentary airport lounge access abroad
₹55000 per month
Annual Fee Offers
Welcome offer worth ₹1500
Renewal fee waived at ₹50,000 annual card spend
Pros and Cons
- Entry level cashback card from Standard Chartered, which gives 2% cashback on all online spends, and 1% on all other card spends.
- Virtually free card if you spend 1.20 lakhs or more each year, and achieve the card spend-based annual fee waiver offer.
- You could get higher benefit rate on other cards, especially on offline spends.
Features & Benefits of Standard Chartered Smart Credit Card
2% cashback on ‘online spends’
1% cashback on all other card spends
Standard Chartered customer care number
Please click here for all the options to contact the bank.
Look for the contactless network symbol on your card to determine if your credit card is contactless.
In India, contactless payments are allowed for a maximum of ₹5000 for a single transaction without requiring a Credit Card PIN. For transactions equal to or higher than ₹5000, the cardholder must input their Credit Card PIN for security reasons.
Standard Chartered Smart Credit Card Fees and Charges
|Annual fee offers
|1st year joining fee
|Welcome offer : 1st year fee is waived as a special offer, for new customers.
|Renewal fee from 2nd year onwards
|Renewal offer : Annual fee is not charged from the 2nd year onwards, if you spend ₹1.20 lakhs or more in the previous year.
Late payment fee
Late payment fees depends on the total payment due
|Less than ₹100
|₹101 to ₹500
|₹501 to ₹5,000
|₹5,001 to ₹10,000
|₹10,001 to ₹25,000
Interest on overdue balances : 3.75% per month (45% per year)
Fee on international card transactions : 3.50% of transaction value
– GST/ other applicable taxes as per current laws, will be applicable on all fees and charges
– To view all/updated fees & charges on this card, please click here – Stanchart Smart Credit Card Fees & Charges
|Primary cardholders : 21 years
Add-on cardholders : 18 years
|Should have a regular source of income , minimum income not specified
|Good credit score, preferably above 750
|Place of residence
|The individual should be staying at one of the card sourcing locations of the bank
Application process & tracking your application status
|Online Application process
|The easiest way is to click here – APPLY NOW , you shall be taken to the card application page on the Standard Chartered Bank website. You can also visit official website of the bank and fill out the application form.
– The bank’s website and mobile app offer a user-friendly interface that makes the application process quick and easy.
– To apply, simply provide your personal details, such as your mobile phone number, income, and PAN number, along with the required documents
|Offline (face to face) Application process
|You can visit any of the nearest branches of the bank and talk to an executive regarding the process.
|Tracking your application status
Click here to track the status of your Standard Chartered Bank Credit Card application.
Necessary documents and verification
Identity proof (any One of the following Photo cards): Passport, Voter Id Card, Govt ID, etc.
Address proof (Any One of the following documents with current residence address): Aadhaar Card, Passport, Driving License, Election/Voter’s ID Card, Job card issued by NREGA duly signed by an officer of the State Government, The letter issued by the National Population Register containing details of name, address.
1 recent passport-sized photograph
Financial documents for salaried: Latest one-month salary slip
Financial documents for self-employed :
– Self-employed businessmen : Latest IT Returns with computation of income /certified financials, business continuity proof.
– Self-employed professionals: Latest IT Returns, business continuity proof.